Matrix HG, Inc. is always looking for highly motivated, professional, knowledgeable, customer service-oriented employees. We are constantly seeking this type of employee to join our team. We are generally looking for account managers, estimators, project managers, union technicians, and warehouse personnel.
If you are passionate about service excellence and you want to work in an innovative and supportive team environment, start or further your HVAC career with Matrix HG.
For consideration, please email your resume to our HR department. Include the position you are applying for in the subject line and in the body of your cover email.
Current Job Openings
Candidate should be capable of construction site planning, cost estimating, scheduling, have some management skills, materials procurement, equipment selection, cost control, and quality management and basic knowledge in construction safety. These processes involve the organization, administration, and coordination of all the elements involved in mechanical and/or plumbing construction, labor tracking, temporary and permanent materials, equipment, supplies, technology and methods.
Depending upon the size and complexity of a project the candidate may be assigned to one or more projects. Candidates must be comfortable and physically able to work on-site in temporary offices and spend a good deal of time out of doors, walking projects, checking work and tracking labor.
It is recommended that the candidate have 2-3 years construction experience and/or a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management.
- Project Estimating (Take-Off & Analysis)
- Project Scheduling (Manpower scheduling)
- Manage RFIs (Requests for Information)
- Prepare Submittal Packages
- Manage Flow of Contractor provided submittal data
- Assist in data population of forms
- Prepare Project Progress Billings
- Assist in Technical Analysis, Trouble shooting, and problem solving of HVAC Air Equipment, HVAC Piping Equipment Systems, HVAC & Plumbing Equipment
Candidate must have a fundamental knowledge of mechanical and/or plumbing construction, including:
- Basic working knowledge HVAC & Plumbing Design & System Operation
- Basic working knowledge of Commercial & Industrial construction sequences
- Basic working knowledge of construction estimating
- Basic working knowledge of testing procedures for HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Able to demonstrate experience with project administration, project scheduling, productivity analysis, project cost control accounting equipment & material procurement
- Basic understanding of construction safety
- Average proficiency with MS Project scheduling program
- Above average proficiency with MS Excel
- Above average proficiency with MS Word
- Above average proficiency with Internet
- Above average verbal & writing skills
- Above average organizational skills in handling & archiving technical data
Journeyman Service Technician
This is a skilled mechanical and electrical position, performing maintenance, installation, diagnosis and repair of air conditioning, heating and ventilating systems for commercial and industrial applications. Systems can range in size from small self-contained package units to large tonnage built-up systems including pneumatic/DDC controls and related system components including, pumps, boilers, chillers and interconnecting piping.
- Must be able to communicate, understand and carry out general oral and written instructions whether working with others or alone on a service call.
- Must be able to work safely with hazardous chemicals and requires moderate physical exertion.
- Outdoor working conditions and exposure to changing environmental conditions.
- High School graduate or other equivalent.
- Completion of a UA five year apprenticeship program with a STAR certification.
- Universal EPA certification.
- Valid California driver’s license (without restrictions).
- All service technicians are required to be in good standing with the Local Union.
- Pre-employment background check
- Knowledge of air conditioning, heating and ventilation systems, controls and equipment.
- Knowledge of refrigeration cycle, refrigerants, refrigerant safety including applications, methods, and tools used in installing, recovery, operating, maintaining and repairing refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of electricity and circuitry as used in air conditioning systems and controls.
- Safe practices of working with and testing electrical systems.
- Knowledge of air distribution systems, including testing and balancing.
- Knowledge of hydronic systems, components and procedures.
- Ability to use and care for tools and measuring and testing equipment.
- Soldering and brazing techniques and safety procedures.
Under the direction of the working supervisor or foreman, candidate will perform tasks relating to the HVAC industry.
Principle duties to start:
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Pick up and deliver parts and equipment Ability to climb a 12’ ladder
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs unassisted
- Forklift operating certification and experience a plus
- Ability to utilize and operate both standard and power tools
- Other duties as directed
- High School graduate or other equivalent.
- Valid California driver’s license (without restrictions), clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening if required for certain job sites
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good verbal/written communication skills